Street Democracy is an equal employment opportunity employer.
We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. People of color, women, LGBTQ people, people with disabilities, individuals with past involvement in the justice system or who have loved ones currently or formerly in the justice system, and individuals with personal or familial experience with poverty or homelessness are strongly encouraged to apply.
Interns will have the opportunity to meaningfully work on Street Democracy initiatives. School-year internships are part-time, with an expected 5 hours per week commitment. Summer internships are full time, with an expected 35 hours per week commitment.
Interns will gain valuable experience by working alongside our staff on the following:
- Conducting legal and policy research
- Drafting memoranda, affidavits and briefs
- Researching prospects for new litigation, including both factual and legal claims
- Researching and drafting materials for public education
- Perform special projects and other duties as assigned
To apply, please send a cover letter, resume, and at least two references in one PDF to email@example.com with the subject: “Internship". Please mention in your cover letter where you learned of this opportunity, why you want to work in this space, and why with us. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applications are now being accepted and will be considered on a rolling basis.
There are a variety of ways that both legal and non-legal volunteers can help us better serve our clients and mission.
Because our office structure is lean, we require volunteers to be willing to:
- Commit to a steady schedule of availability for a specific duration
- Learn the law and legal process (orientation) as a prerequisite to beginning service
- Be flexible with assignments and tasks
BECOMING A VOLUNTEER
If interested, please send a cover letter and resume. In your cover letter, please explain why you want to work in this space and with us specifically. Volunteer opportunities are now being accepted and will be considered on a rolling basis.